A statue of Elizabeth Macquarie, the wife of the fifth Governor of NSW, Major-General Lachlan Macquarie who held office from 1810-1821.
She is holding a watering can to water her iris’s.
The Governor named Campbelltown after his wife, whose maiden name was Campbell.
This beautiful bronze statue is located in Mawson Park, Campbelltown.
The following plaque adjacent to the statue, tells Elizabeth’s story.